Saturday, August 1, 2009

Chapter 11

This chapter discussed five major topics. The main subjects covered were legal issues and emerging technology. Copyright and fair use, as well as privacy, was the main sub-categories of the legal issues. Furthermore, the main highlight of emerging technology was computers as appliances. The text also covered things like strategic planning and social and ethical issues.
I think this of overview of the issues in implementing technology was really helpful. All new technology has its advantages and disadvantages. The text as a whole has done a good job at making this evident. Moreover, I like how this chapter gives some ways to try and solve some of the disadvantages.
As a future teacher, this text has a lot of importance to me. I not only need to know the issues about implementing technology; I need to know to fix them. I can do this by discussing problems with my colleagues and or my students. In addition, I could read articles or blogs that have solutions to my problems.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on how important this chapter was. It is import to know how to fix the issues as well. Another important element was the copyright and privacy issue. When using technology it is important to know the different legal aspects that go along with it.

    ReplyDelete