Saturday, August 1, 2009

Chapter 5

This chapter covered various types of software. The software that was discussed included: presentation, word processing, spreadsheet, and data base management software. Furthermore, the functionality of this software was described. In addition, the purpose these tools have in the classroom was stated.
Though much of this information was very basic, I found it helpful. I thought the subject of Data Base Management systems was most helpful to me. I did not know much about these systems before reading this text. I now have a clearly understanding of their purpose. I also found the information on electronic spreadsheets very handy. Before this class I hadn’t had much experience with them.
I would use several types of the software discussed in this chapter. I would use spreadsheets in my classroom to keep track of students’ grades. Moreover, I would create colorful and interesting presentations to give lectures from. Lastly, data base management systems would be helpful to store some of this information on.

No comments:

Post a Comment